Some of the best foods are blended: smoothies, milkshakes, juices, salsa, hummus, soup—the list goes on! Unfortunately, blenders can make quite the racket, which can be annoying for the people you live with or near.
Luckily, some manufacturers make models that keep the noise to a minimum so you can blend worry-free.
The Hamilton Beach Professional Quiet Shield Blender is one of the best quiet blenders because it has a powerful motor with optimal airflow and a removable sound-dampening shield—all for an affordable price.
There’s nothing like a smoothie to get you started on your day—and it’s a convenient way to meet your fruit and vegetable quota. However, that annoying sound some blenders make can set your teeth on edge.
This article discusses six of the best blenders you can buy that won’t make a racket and disturb the entire household every time you use them.
Also read: How To Make A Blender Quiet
Best Quiet Blender (Overall): Hamilton Beach Professional Quiet Shield Blender
The Hamilton Beach is the best quiet blender you can get for under $200. While other, more expensive blenders have more pre-programmed cycles and speed options, you won’t be disappointed with the quality of this blender.
This blender keeps quiet by maximizing airflow through the motor and using a ’quiet shield’ that you can remove. The speed ranges from 3,000 revolutions per minute (RPM) to 18,000 RPM.
This blender has sturdy, sharp blades that can easily cut through ice and frozen fruit. I also like the automatic cleaning function, which makes cleaning the blender after use more straightforward and faster.
The blender has four pre-programmed settings:
- Ice crush
However, if you’d like something other than one of these settings, the speed dial makes it easy for you to take control.
- High-quality function for an affordable price
- Automatic cleaning function
- Variety of speeds
- Easy-to-use speed dial
- Powerful motor
- Five-year limited warranty
- Powerful blades
- Fewer pre-programmed cycles than other options
- The jar is plastic; you may damage it by blending hard ingredients, such as ice.
Best Budget Option: BLACK+DECKER PowerCrush Digital Blender
If you don’t have a lot of money to spend on a new blender, don’t worry. You can still get a high-quality option that is quiet and effective.
My favorite lower-cost option is this blender from BLACK+DECKER. The jar boasts shatterproof plastic, and the motor comes with QuadPro technology that makes it extremely quiet and draws the ingredients together to blend them easily. The blender comes with three pre-programmed cycles.
The parts are dishwasher-safe so that cleaning won’t be too much trouble. I also like the pour spout on the lid, so you don’t have to remove the cover to pour your drink.
- Extremely affordable, under $100
- Shatterproof jar
- It comes with an 18-ounce personal pitcher for drinks on the go
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Pour spout on the lid makes pouring easy
- Blades work with the shape of the jug to lead ingredients to the blades
- Only three different pre-programmed cycles
- The motor isn’t as strong as other options
- Some users notice leakage through the lid
Most Reliable: Blendtec Professional 800 Blender
This blender has a powerful 1,800-watt motor, but the sound enclosure and the base of the blender capture most of the noise, so you won’t even hear it chopping up ice and frozen fruit.
The jar is plastic but impact-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about hard ingredients causing damage. The blender jug is also square-shaped, which helps bring elements closer to the blades, so they get entirely pureed.
You can easily control the speed with the touch slider, or if you want to make it even easier, you can choose from one of the six pre-programmed cycles:
- mixed drinks
The cleaning preset makes it easy to keep the blades and jar clean.
- It comes with a ten-year warranty
- Potent motor, capable of 3.8 horsepower
- Square-shaped jar
- Impact-resistant jar
- Easily control the speed with the touch slider
- Six pre-programmed cycles
- Blades are thicker and stronger than average
- A large pitcher allows you to make large portions
- It comes with a blending guide and recipes
- Made in the United States
- It is large and will take up a significant amount of space on your counter or in a cupboard
- Parts are not dishwasher-safe
- It doesn’t come with a tamper
Best for Smoothies: Vitamix Quiet One Blender
It’s in the name: this blender is quiet, but it still has a powerful blender–1,800 watts! This blender gets its silence from vibration-dampening technology and its sound enclosure that covers the entire blending container. This blender suits industrial applications such as coffee houses and bars, which is excellent for achieving that perfect smoothie consistency.
You can choose from six pre-programmed cycles, thirty-four premium programs, and ninety-three different speeds, so you’re sure to find the right speed and pulse for whatever you’re making. Luckily, the jar is large, so you’ll be able to produce large quantities!
There’s no ingredient this blender can’t handle, including sticky peanut butter and honey and the hardest of frozen fruits. So, experiment with different ingredients to find your perfect smoothie!
- Multiple noise-dampening features: vibration dampening and a sound enclosure
- Highly customizable thanks to the pre-programmed cycles and different speeds
- It comes with specific measurement markings that allow you to measure out ingredients
- The pitcher-like jar allows for easy pouring
- Made in the United States
- Three-year warranty
- The plastic jar is prone to scratches
- Some users report leakage
Best Preprogrammed Cycles: Hamilton Beach Commercial High-Performance Sensor Blender
If you’re seeking a high-tech blender with many pre-programmed options, this is the blender for you! This blender comes with smart technology, dual motor-cooling fans, a high-power motor, and over a hundred pre-programmed cycles. If none of these cycles work for you, you can use the touch sensor to adjust the power and speed.
Furthermore, this blender has a USB port that allows you to download future updates to stay up to date with all the newest cycles and features.
The blender automatically shuts down once the timer ends, so you can do something else while blending without worrying about damaging the jar. I also like the cavitation sensor, which tells you to add more liquid if needed.
- The quiet shield dampens noise
- More than a hundred pre-programmed cycles to choose from
- Large pitcher
- The cavitation sensor tells you when you need to add more liquid
- The automatic shut down feature prevents damage and allows you to multitask
- The USB port allows you to keep the blender up-to-date
- The motor is powerful
- Optimized airflow and dual air fans keep the blender cool
- A grip on the bottom prevents the blender from skidding across a counter
- Extremely expensive
- Short warranty compared to other options
Best Motor: WantJoin Professional Commercial Blender
This blender is excellent if you want a high-power motor without breaking the bank. This motor is 2,200 watts and can handle any ingredient you throw at it. I also like the large pitcher size, which makes this an excellent option for people with large families or who frequently throw parties where they serve blended cocktails.
This blender is also great for blending food, such as nut butter, salsa, or hummus. However, the blender is difficult to disassemble and clean, so keep that in mind before you get too messy.
- Affordable price for a powerful motor
- The blender comes with a tamper
- A removable sound-resistant shield keeps the noise to a minimum
- The control panel is hassle-free and easy to use
- The large pitcher is great for making things in bulk
- The blender is difficult to clean
- It is rather bulky
What Qualities Do the Best Quiet Blenders Have?
There are a lot of blenders available, including many models built to be quiet. However, if you want to be happy with your purchase, you should explore all your options and try to find a blender that isn’t just quiet but also suits your other needs.
Here are some qualities beyond quietness that you should look for in a blender:
- Strong motor. You don’t just want a quiet blender; you want one that does the job, too! Creamy smoothies and milkshakes are much better than nearly choking on ice bits. A wide range of motor strengths is available, from 300 to 1500 watts.
- Easy to clean. Some blenders have parts that aren’t dishwasher-safe, which makes cleaning them a pain. Alternatively, some blenders have built-in cleaning systems that effectively scrub the blender.
- Warranty. Unfortunately, sometimes things don’t work the way they should. Kitchen appliances can break easily or stop working the way you want them to, so it is essential to check the warranty on an item before making the purchase.
Now you have a list of some great, high-quality blenders you can use for your late-night milkshakes or early-morning smoothies without fear of waking up your loved ones.
However, if you don’t want to invest in a completely new blender, there are various methods you can try to make the one you already have quieter