As an affiliate, I may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
A bathroom needs to be well-ventilated to reduce odors and humidity, but nobody wants to be greeted with a deafening noise every time their fan is turned on. Luckily, quiet bathroom fans offer the ideal solution to this dilemma.
The Best Quiet Bathroom Fan
The best quiet bathroom fan is the Panasonic FV-0511VFL1 WhisperFit DC Retrofit Ventilation Fan (check price on Amazon). This fan is aesthetically pleasing, easy to install, energy efficient, and versatile. It’s exceptionally quiet, measuring in at around 0.7 sones.
Continue reading for more of the best quiet bathroom fans on the market based on budget, capacity, and more.
1. Panasonic FV-0511VFL1 WhisperFit DC Retrofit Ventilation Fan
A soundproof bathroom is a massive perk, and this sleek fan measures in at 0.3 to 1.0 sones depending on airflow, making it one of the quietest bathroom fans on the market.
It has a range of CFM (cubic feet per minute) settings from 50 CFM to 110 CFM, and the fan’s SmartFlow Technology allows it to automatically adjust airflow for optimal CFM output.
The single-hinged Flex-Z Fast bracket makes for quick and easy installation, while the clips molded into its casting keep it securely in place. The Panasonic is also Energy Star certified.
The sleek white grate and lacquer black exterior give it a minimalist aesthetic and enhance the effects of the dimmable LED night light.
- High capacity: The airflow ranges from 50 to 110 CFM for optimal ventilation in any size bathroom, and it optimizes airflow to one suitable for the room, so there’s as little energy wastage as possible.
- Energy-efficient: This Energy Star certified fan is ideal for the environmentally conscious without compromising function.
- Remote controlled: The Panasonic has a controller that operates both the fan itself and the LED light on separate switches, making it super simple to use without having to press buttons on the unit itself.
- Light feature: The dimmable 10W LED light is a fantastic feature for late-night bathroom visits.
- Price: This fan doesn’t come cheap, but for the quality and efficiency, the price is arguably quite reasonable, especially regarding its versatile capacity functions.
- Size: The Panasonic is larger and heavier than the other items in this breakdown, which limits the places you can install it and makes installation slightly more arduous.
|Sones||0.3 to 1.0|
|Dimensions||17.2 x 14.5 x 10 inches (43.69 x 36.83 x 25.4 cm)|
|Weight||10.23 lbs (4.64 kg)|
|Capacity||50 to 110 CFM|
|Energy-efficient||Energy Star Certified|
2. Tech Drive Bathroom Fan
This budget-friendly fan is ideal for use in a small bathroom with a capacity of 50 CFM. It’s easy to install, requiring no attic access for ceiling installation.
At 1.0 sone, it’s not as silent as its counterparts, but it’s still incredibly quiet and won’t cause any noisy distractions in your bathroom. The white grill gives it a clean, polished look that’ll add to the tranquil feel every bathroom needs.
The low capacity means this fan is not a wasteful unit to have in your home, even more so because of its Energy Star certification. The Tech Drive Bathroom fan is extraordinarily lightweight and compact.
- Price: The Tech Drive is a superb price for a super quiet bathroom fan that’s so energy-efficient and lightweight.
- Weight: This fan is featherlight compared to some other quiet fans, which adds to its versatility and ease of installation.
- Energy-efficient: The Tech Drive is Energy Star certified, meaning it’s on the top end of energy-efficient ventilation technology.
- Limited capacity: The Tech Drive only has one CFM setting, which is only suited to small spaces.
- Higher sone level: The lower the sone, the quieter the fan, and 1.0 sone is the higher end of the spectrum in terms of quiet fans on the list. However, reviews show that the fan is barely audible despite its higher sone level.
|Dimensions||8.7 x 8.7 x 4.5 inches (22.1 x 22.1 x 11.43 cm)|
|Weight||3.02 lbs (1.37 kg)|
|Energy-efficient||Energy Star Certified|
3. Broan-NuTone L300 High Capacity Ventilator Fan
The Broan-NuTone L300 is a high-powered bathroom exhaust fan, operating at 157 to 308 CFM in spaces up to 300 cubic feet per minute. This effect is heightened by the impact-resistant centrifugal blower wheel and lubricated motors.
The high CFM means it operates at 2.9 sones, making it louder than some other quiet exhaust fans, but overall still incredibly quiet for a unit with this kind of power.
Its simple design means it won’t be an eyesore, and due to its high capacity, it can be installed in both bathrooms and kitchens. The capacity also means it’s better suited to bathrooms with a lot of traffic than other items on the list.
- Capacity: This fan has exceptionally high centrifugal force, allowing it to reach a CFM of 308; perfect for the large master bathroom or public restroom.
- Price: The Broan-NuTone L300 is reasonably priced for a fan with high power and size specifications, making it an excellent choice for those looking for capacity on a budget.
- Size: The Broan-NuTone L300 is not a lightweight or compact fan by any means, making it more difficult to install and a bulkier visual feature than its smaller counterparts.
- Higher sone level: 2.9 sones is considerably louder than the ideal bathroom fan should be, but this makes sense considering its force and energy usage. Customer reviews show that while the fan is loud enough to hear, it isn’t noisy.
- Not energy-efficient: This fan uses significant power to operate, sacrificing energy-efficient usage in favor of higher levels of force.
|Dimensions||12.25 x 11.75 x 12.25 inches (31.12 x 28.89 x 31.12 cm)|
|Weight||19.26 lbs (8.74 kg)|
|Capacity||157 to 308 CFM|
4. Residential Remodel Energy-Saving Ceiling Mount Fan
This wall-mounted fan is an excellent addition to any bathroom space. It gets rid of odors, purifies the air through a 4-inch (10.16 cm) duct, and is super energy efficient with a high capacity for larger areas. It’s completely safe to place above a bathtub or other moisture sources.
It’s highly affordable and easy to install. It also has a white LED light with dimming capabilities for nighttime use. This fan is an excellent all-arounder and is truly the value-for-money option of note.
- Moisture safe: This fan is installed with a GFCI-protected branch circuit, so it’s safe to install above a bathtub or shower.
- Cost: This fan is super affordable, so you don’t need to break the bank for adequate ventilation.
- High capacity: This fan has a capacity of 110 CFM, ideal for larger bathrooms, while not sacrificing quiet and affordability.
- Energy-efficient: This Residential Remodel ceiling fan is super energy efficient despite its high capacity and larger size.
- Light feature: This fan has a dimmable light fixture, an excellent add-on for energy-efficient light use at night. Customers report that this light is a wonderful feature with a high brightness level.
- Appearance: This is one of the plainer and more dated-looking options available. The white grate offers a level of minimalist appeal, but not to the same degree as the Panasonic FV-0511VFL1, for instance.
- Higher sone level: The higher sone level means it isn’t as quiet as some other options, but it’s understandable considering the capacity.
- Size: This fan is quite large and heavy, which may make installation slightly more complex than it would’ve been otherwise. Its size contributes to its capacity, so it’s a relatively small sacrifice for performance.
|Dimensions||16.25 x 14.5 x 11 inches (41.28 x 36.83 x 27.94 cm)|
|Weight||12.67 lbs (5.75 kg)|
|Energy efficient||Energy Star Certified|
5. Broan-Nutone QTXE110S Ultra-Silent Ventilation Fan
The Broane-Nutone QTXE110S is the best of the best when it comes to humidity control. Its programmable automatic sensors detect a specific moisture level on the ceiling and switch on to begin dispersing steam. This is a fantastic way to avoid mold and mildew in your bathroom.
The high CFM means it’s perfect for all bathrooms, especially larger ones, and though high powered, it’s reasonably quiet at 1.0 sone.
The Broane-Nutone QTXE110S is energy efficient, GFCI branch circuit wiring means it’s safe to install above high-moisture areas like showers and bathtubs, and its hanger bars allow for quick and easy installation.
- Humidity sensor: This unit has a motion sensor that turns it on when it detects a rise in humidity. It can also be adjusted manually.
- Versatility: The GFCI circuit means you can install this anywhere in your bathroom, including directly above water sources. This high-power, low-noise fan clears steam, smoke, bathroom, and booking odors.
- Low sone level: Despite its high capacity, it has a low sone level and is incredibly noiseless for maximum convenience and comfort.
- Power: This fan has a 110 CFM capacity that allows it to purify bathrooms on the larger end of the scale.
- Weight: The Broan-Nutone is relatively heavy and may be slightly less convenient to install than its lighter counterparts.
- Appearance: This fan is quite plain, and the grate itself is rather nondescript, but this may even be an advantage in some ways.
- Price: This item is on the pricier side of quiet bathroom fans, but the quality justifies the price.
|Dimensions||11.4 x 10.5 x 7.6 inches (28.96 x 26.67 x 19.3 cm)|
|Weight||11 lbs (4.99 kg)|
|Energy efficient||Energy Star Certified|
Clearing steam and purifying the air, providing an additional light source at night, and controlling humidity to avoid the growth of mold and mildew means that bathroom exhaust fans are truly an underrated home feature.
Before purchasing a quiet bathroom fan, evaluate which features are most important for your home. High capacity means possibly sacrificing silence and energy efficiency, whereas a lower price might mean you need to settle for a lower capacity unit.