Although there are many ways to soundproof a room from external noise, making it comfortable for rest requires a ceiling fan. However, it can be challenging to narrow down to the best ceiling fan for the bedroom due to the buzzing noise.
The best noiseless ceiling fan for your bedroom is the Sofucor 52″. The Sofucor 52″ features 52-inch (1.32-meter) diameter wooden blades for sufficient air propulsion to cool the bedroom. Moreover, the wooden blades are rubber-mounted to eliminate the buzzing and humming noise.
In the rest of this article, I’ll take you through the four best noiseless ceiling fans for your bedroom. I’ll also cover what to consider when buying a quiet ceiling fan. Let’s get started!
Also read: Ceiling Fan Making Noise? Here’s what to do
Best Noiseless Ceiling Fans for Bedrooms
Here are our top picks for noiseless ceiling fans.
1. Sofucor 52″ Noiseless Ceiling Fan
The Sofucor 52″ ceiling fan has wooden blades that are rubber-mounted to make the rotations quieter. Metal blades would make more noise because they are not as smooth. This ceiling fan also has 52-inch (1.32-meter) diameter blades, meaning it can move a lot of air simultaneously. Therefore, you can sleep comfortably with more cool air circulating inside the room, which aids in lowering your body temperature.
According to WebMD, body temperature drops by 1 to 2°C (33.8 to 35.6°F) during bedtime to ensure a good night’s sleep. Therefore, having a ceiling fan that circulates more air in the room aids in cooling the body, making sleep more comfortable.
Finally, this ceiling fan has a lifetime warranty for motors. This warranty means you can have a replacement if the motor burns out. You can also get a refund if you’re unsatisfied with the product.
- It guarantees a quiet room suitable for sleeping. The wooden and rubber-mounted blades can rotate at high speeds without making noise that can disturb your sleep.
- Sufficient air propulsion: The fan propels up to 5,723 cubic feet per minute (9723.43 cubic meters per hour) of air. This propulsion is adequate to ensure undisturbed sleep.
- Excellent after-sales services: You’re guaranteed high-quality services due to the product’s warranty. While the motors have a lifetime warranty, you get up to 2 years warranty on accessories.
- Warm white light: The fan has 3,000K warm white light that keeps you warm in case you feel cold at night.
- Ease of use: The Sofucor 52″ is remote-controlled. This feature makes it convenient as you don’t have to keep waking up to control its speed.
- The white light can be annoying: The white light can make the fan uncomfortable, especially for people who enjoy sleeping in the dark.
- It’s not suitable for small bedrooms. The fan has 52-in (1.32-m) blades. These dimensions make it unsuitable for small bedrooms as it can take up a lot of space. It also requires bedrooms with high ceilings to reduce distraction from high-speed winds.
- It’s pricey. This fan is among the most expensive options. However, the price is worth it due to its quality services.
2. Westinghouse Lighting Ceiling Fan
The Westinghouse Lighting is your go-to option if you have a small bedroom. This ceiling fan has 30-inch (0.76-meter) blades, suitable for rooms of up to 10 square meters (107.64 square feet). Therefore, you don’t have to worry about the blades taking up much space in your room.
This ceiling fan is also remote-controlled to ensure ease of use. You can control the speed and light intensity without getting up from bed. Moreover, it has a built-in LED light that is dimmable. Therefore, you can adjust the brightness to suit your needs.
Having shorter blades doesn’t mean this fan is poor at air circulation. It has a powerful motor to circulate more air and counters the inconvenience of having shorter blades. The stronger motor circulates sufficient indoor air to minimize night radiation, making bedrooms warmer and uncomfortable for sleeping.
- Down rod-only installation: This feature makes the fan ideal for small rooms as it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- It’s easy to use. The fan is remote-controlled, making it convenient for people who want to adjust the settings without getting out of bed.
- Affordable: This ceiling fan is more affordable than most other options in the market.
- Sufficient air circulation: The fan has six blades and a more robust motor that circulates enough air to cool your bedroom.
- It’s quieter: It produces up to 36 decibels (dB) of noise, a comfortable level for sleeping.
- It’s versatile: This fan has a switch mode option that lets you switch between winter and summer to achieve a relaxing bedroom environment.
- Low cubic feet per minute (CFM): The fan can achieve a maximum of 2,267cu ft/min. This CFM is low compared to other ceiling fans with larger blades.
- Unsuitable for large rooms: This is not your go-to option if you have a large bedroom. The shorter blades cannot circulate enough air for a large room.
3. Wisful Farmhouse Ceiling Fan
A large bedroom needs a ceiling fan with large blades to circulate more air. These big blades are what the Wisful Farmhouse ceiling fan offers. It has 56-inch (1.42-meter) blades, making it ideal for large rooms.
The Wisful Farmhouse is also a good choice if you want a ceiling fan with robust air circulation. It can achieve a maximum CFM of 6,494 cu ft/min, making it one of the most powerful fans on the market. The good thing with this fan is that you can vary its speed to achieve the desired CFM. Therefore, you can reduce the speed for a lower CFM if you feel the room is too cold.
- Efficient airflow: The fan has three 56-inch (1.42-meter) blades that ensure efficient airflow in the whole room. The air circulation capability of this fan is due to a stronger 35-Watt motor for ultra-powerful operation.
- Effective for both low and tall ceilings: You can angle-mount or use downrod mounting depending on your ceiling’s height.
- It’s easy to install. The fan has two lower poles that make installation easier, depending on your preferred height.
- Remote control: You can control the fan in the comfort of your bed with the remote. The remote allows you to vary the fan’s speed to a maximum of six.
- Temperature adjustment: You can adjust the room’s temperature from warm (3,000K) to natural (4,500K) and white (6,000K).
- Quiet: The blades are wooden to reduce the buzzing noise.
- It is expensive. The quality design and features make this fan among the most expensive options on the market. However, it’s worth the price considering the quality of its services.
- Unsuitable for small bedrooms: This is not your go-to option if you have a small room due to its large blades.
4. Portage Bay Ceiling Fan
You don’t have to break your bank account to get a ceiling fan for your bedroom. The Portage Bay Hugger is an affordable option that doesn’t compromise on quality.
The fan has five blades that make it ideal for large bedrooms. It’s also energy-efficient and will not cost you too much on your energy bills. You’ll also like the fact that it has 52-inch (1.32-meter) blades that enhance air circulation.
- Affordable: This ceiling fan is more affordable than most other options in the market. However, being cheap doesn’t mean it compromises quality. It has some of the best features, like longer blades for efficient air circulation.
- Suitable for low ceilings: The bulb is 11.5 inches (0.29 meters) tall from the ceiling to its light’s tip. This size makes it your go-to option if you have low ceilings.
- It has a reversible motor. You can reverse the motor’s rotation—and thus the airflow—which ensures excellent air distribution.
- Not remote-controlled: The manual control makes using this fan in bed challenging. You have to wake up and adjust the settings physically.
- Abit noisy: The fan produces some noise compared to other noiseless fans. Although considerable, some people find even a little noise uncomfortable for sleeping.
Choosing a noiseless ceiling fan for your bedroom can be challenging due to the many options on the market.
However, the key factors you should consider are:
- The room size: The ceiling fan you choose should be proportional to the room’s size. A small room requires a smaller ceiling fan and vice versa. The diameter of its blades determines the fan’s size.
- The ceiling height: Your ceiling height affects how comfortable you’ll be around the fan. A fan that’s too close is uncomfortable due to airflow. On the other hand, you’ll not feel the fan’s impact if it’s far away. Thus, if you have a low ceiling, go for a hugger or flush-mount design.
- Airflow: The fan’s CFM determines its blades’ airflow and speed. A high CFM means more increased airflow but produces more noise. The fans with lower speeds have a lower CFM but are noiseless. Therefore, you can reduce the blade speed for a lower CFM if you feel the room is too cold.
- Material: Most ceiling fans are either wood or metal. The wooden ones are softer and, therefore, noiseless. However, they’re also more expensive than their metal counterparts.
Ceiling fans ensure a conducive sleeping environment by cooling the air. However, a noisy fan does the opposite by creating unnecessary sounds that disturb your sleep. Apart from providing sufficient airflow, the four ceiling fans discussed in this article operate quietly for a night of undisturbed sleep.