A smoothie sounds delicious until it comes time to make it – you can’t get around the dreaded blender noise that’s bound to wake up sleeping babies, scare dogs into barking fits, or disrupt your peaceful home.
The good news is there are plenty of quiet blenders on the market and here is the list of the quietest blenders:
- CRANDDI K90 Blender
- ELEVARIFY Professional Blender
- Blendtec Professional 800 Blender
- Hamilton Beach Professional Quiet Shield Blender
- Lezaa Portable Blender
- Black & Decker PowerCrush Digital Blender
The best and quietest blender is the CRANDDI K90 Blender. The CRANDDI K90 Blender has a 2,200W motor for easy ice and fruit blending, a soundproof shield for proper noise muffling, and an incredibly effortless self-cleaning feature.
Comparing the Quietest Blenders
Here is a comparison of the blenders listed above (all links point to the Amazon listing):
|Blender||Noise Reduction Features||Power (Watts)|
|CRANDDI K90 Blender||Built-in noise reduction cover||2200|
|ELEVARIFY Professional Blender||Built-in noise reduction cover||2200|
|Blendtec Professional 800 Blender||Stealth technology, sound enclosure||1800|
|Hamilton Beach Professional Quiet Shield Blender||Removable quiet shield||1500|
|Lezaa Portable Blender||Enclosed design, low noise motor||150|
|Black & Decker PowerCrush Digital Blender||Engineered for quiet operation||700|
1. Best Blender Overall: CRANDDI K90 Blender
CRANDDI K90 Blender
Most blenders make enough noise that seeps through your walls, but the CRANDDI K90 Blender is a quiet commercial blender with a full soundproof shield to muffle the harsh sound of its 2,200W motor. The combination of quietness and power makes this blender the best quiet blender
Although it’s essential to take note of some pros and cons.
- Powerful blending: The 2,200W motor can slice through everything from ice to frozen berries, so your smoothies will be perfectly blended at a quicker-than-usual rate without the grating noise.
- Self-cleaning: All you have to do is add soap and water, and this blender does the rest for you with a self-cleaning pulse feature, making cleanup even more effortless.
- Large capacity: The blender’s jar holds 80 oz (0.03 l). A single use of the blender can make up to 8 full smoothies, so it’s perfect if you food prep for the week or have a large household.
- Large size: It’s a heavy-duty blender, so it’s larger than most. It may be too bulky and tall to keep on your countertop.
- Not dishwasher safe: Although it has the self-cleaning feature, it is unsafe to put in the dishwasher, so hand-washing every time is a must.
2. Most Powerful Blender for Smoothies: ELEVARIFY Professional Blender
The ELEVARIFY Professional Blender may not have as much wattage as the CRANDDI, but it’s just as powerful when blending fruit and shredding ice. This blender is specifically for smoothies and shakes, although it also offers settings for a food processor and juicer.
It’s also a vacuum blender that removes oxygen from the jar before blending for a powerful blend and smoother consistency. This type of technology is perfect for making smoothies and other frozen drinks.
While its features are very similar to the CRANDDI’s, there’s a reason it’s not the best overall.
- Vacuum blend technology: The vacuum blend technology sucks oxygen from the blender’s jar to powerfully blend and shred more effortlessly. This feature is also great if you use powders in your smoothies – nothing stays stuck to the sides.
- Ten different speed controls: There are ten different speed settings for maximum control, so you can be as exact as possible when choosing your desired consistency.
- Dishwasher safe: The ELEVARIFY blender has a self-cleaning feature and is also dishwasher safe.
- Noise shield not as effective: While this blender is quieter than most, its special noise shield doesn’t make it soundproof and still makes some considerable noise.
3. Most High-End Blender for Smoothies: Blendtec Professional 800 Blender
If your budget is on the higher side, the Blendtec Professional 800 Blender can quietly and powerfully blend smoothies for around $800 on Amazon. You get what you pay for, though.
This blender has a sealed sound enclosure that claims to make it the quietest professional-grade blender. It’s also perfect for your countertop with a more sleek design.
- Full sound enclosure: This enclosure surrounds the blender and seals shut to muffle the intense sound. Users say they sleep through their partners or roommates making smoothies in the morning.
- Thicker and stronger blades: The Blendtec’s blades are 80% sharper than most blenders and 10x stronger.
- Wildside+ Jar: The Wildside+ jar has a fifth side that helps the blade pull the ingredients down and blend evenly. This unique design also helps mix big batches (90 ounces) more quickly.
- Dishwasher safe: This blender is dishwasher safe and has a self-cleaning feature for the inside of the jar.
- On the pricier side: This blender is an investment for the kitchen. It’s more expensive than most blenders (let alone professional-grade blenders), but users say it’s worth it for the soundproofing and the features.
4. Blender With the Fastest Speed: Hamilton Beach Professional Quiet Shield Blender
The Hamilton Beach Professional Quiet Shield Blender is one of the more powerful blenders with 1,500W, but the Infinite Speed Control is the most impressive feature of this blender, ranging from 3,000 RPM to 18,000 RPM.
In addition to the speed dial feature, this blender offers pre-programmed settings tailored to different mixtures.
- Infinite Speed Control: The Infinite Speed Control feature ranges from slow to fast and gives the user complete control of the blending process. Its blades rotate at 105 mph (168.98 kph) to shred through the toughest frozen berries, the thickest fruits and vegetables, ice cubes, and anything else you put in your smoothie.
- Less bulky: The Hamilton Beach Professional Quiet Shield Blender isn’t as large and cumbersome as other professional-grade blenders but still holds up to 32 oz.
- Quiet Shield: The removable Quiet Shield significantly muffles noise and doubles as a serving pitcher.
- Grease buildup: This blender has a self-cleaning setting but is prone to buildup under the jar.
5. Best Portable Blender for Smoothies: Lezaa Portable Blender
For a not-so-heavy-duty option when you’re on the go, you can get a Lezaa Portable Blender on Amazon. This handheld blender makes single-serving (a serving on the smaller side) smoothies or shakes.
This little blender doesn’t have a sound enclosure or noise shield, but its size keeps it relatively quiet. It’s not too loud or harsh on your ears. It’s not a professional-grade blender, but it’s perfect for whipping up a smoothie for the road or at the gym.
- It’s rechargeable: This blender has a USB charger that makes for easy recharging almost anywhere.
- Anti-overheat sensor: It has a powerful little motor that will rev up when it needs to but always keeps itself from overworking.
- Easy cleanup: It can easily clean itself by pulsating with a drop of dish soap and water.
- Not big enough to fit larger chunks of ingredients: Because it’s so compact, it’s harder to put in normal-sized pieces of fruits or vegetables. You may have to chop your ingredients into smaller pieces.
6. Blender With the Most Bang for Your Buck: Black + Decker PowerCrush Digital Blender
The Black + Decker PowerCrush Digital Blender is much less bulky than the commercial blenders and will fit less awkwardly on your countertop. Its glass jar holds only 18 oz, making it a personal blender that only makes one smoothie at a time.
- Very affordable: This blender is priced very competitively compared to the competition. It also offers Quiet Technology and a digital setup, so you get the most for your dollar.
- Glass jar: Blenders typically have either plastic or glass jars. Glass jars look nicer overall and, unlike plastic ones, don’t scratch easily or absorb the ingredients they hold.
- Soundproofing is not as effective: While users note a noticeable difference in sound, this blender still makes noise and isn’t the most silent on the market. The “Quiet Technology” is somewhat hard to understand without a sound enclosure or noise shield.
- The motor isn’t as strong: The Black + Decker PowerCrush Digital Blender has only 900 watts, so the blending isn’t as powerful and speedy.
Best Attachments for Quiet Blenders: Whisper Blend Sound Enclosures
A blender’s awful sound comes from a combination of parts: the motor, the blades, and the jar’s material (glass and plastic can amplify the noise). The best and only way to soundproof your blender is to muffle the noise as best you can.
The main component of a soundproof blender is the sound enclosure or noise shield. This is the only part that quiets a blender. If you’re looking for another option outside of buying a new blender, you can buy a separate sound enclosure to attach to your blender, like the Whisper Blend Sound Enclosure.
- The acrylic is tough: The Whisper Blend is made with high-quality and long-lasting acrylic.
- Just as expensive as a blender: It can get pretty pricey and just as expensive as a blender with a built-in sound enclosure or quiet technology. It’s more expensive than the Black + Decker PowerCrush Digital Blender.
- Compatible with specific models: You must pay close attention to your blender and ensure it’s compatible with a Whisper Blend. Whisper Blends come in three sizes to fit mainly a Hamilton Beach, Blendtec, or Vitamix.
Listening to a blender is like listening to nails on a chalkboard. Luckily, there are plenty of options for quiet blenders to soundproof your kitchen or any space, whether you want to drop a grand on a professional-grade commercial blender or opt for a less pricey solution.
Also read: 12 Quietest Coffee Makers on the Market